It's windy where I am and it got me thinking about kites.
I remember plastic kites shaped like eagles and of course the classic kite shaped ones, but to be honest, kites were incidental in my childhood. Tested on occasion on holiday beaches and often failing watching the things writhe on the wet sand.
I used to buy any TV related kites I found in packets at boot sales. A-Team and Thundercats spring to mind, which I sold on. Not really kite flying though.
A few years back we visited a local kite festival on a hill in Heath and I have to admit it was spectacular. It helped that the people knew what they were doing! Huge Dragons, birds, shapes, streamers, - it revealed a whole new exciting world of kiting.
Have you flown kites readers? Where? Are you still keen on kites? Is Autumn the best time?
No comments:
Post a Comment