I did some toy supergluing yesterday and last night and today I've felt dreadful. As if I have a rotten cold. Sneezing, headache, stuffed up.
Do you usually wear a mask when you use it readers?
I did get some on my fingertips.
It was a really cheap brand too. Does that make a difference.
I always use superglue and have never had that. The fumes can, rarely, sting your eyes, but only for a few seconds. I do use good stuff though!
ReplyDeleteWhich brand do you get Kev?
DeleteI use "Roket", I get it from the local model shop, but you can get it online. It comes in different thicknesses, I use 'max', which is the least runny.
DeleteCheers Kev.
DeleteI'm with Kevin on this. Besides sticking fingers together the worst reaction was burning eyes. It appears as if your cold is an entirely separate issue Woodsy.
ReplyDeleteNope, deffo glue flu. Being asthmatic I am susceptible to stuff I admit, but It's fading rapidly Ed and I'm back to normal. I reckon it's the cheapo super glue I get in the Post Office bargain aisle. Toxic fumes. No more!
DeleteNever had your symptoms Woodsy, but it has made me feel a bit heavy headed.
ReplyDeleteI used Zap a Gap, the thick version, mostly.
I find its the 'kicker', or accelerator/catalyst, which you spray on it to make it go off, that gives the heady effect.
Don't get too close, and use in a well ventilated place, to minimise any adverse effects.
Good advice Mish, thanks. Feeling better today.
Delete