I've always loved this Corgi die-cast. It's just so slick and streamlined, like the OK Toys Transcontinental Express, albeit much smaller.
There's something very Gerry Anderson about the Corgi mini bus, what with the tapered nose and the huge split sunroof.
Digging around* I couldn't find any mention of it appearing in Gerry's shows, certainly not Thunderbirds.
Maybe the dates don't match up?
Anyways, I'd love to see vehicles like this cruising up the M62 to Leeds. The future is now!
Is it a die-cast you had? Do you like it?
*
* In particular I watched Matteline1968's superb video about toys used in Gerry's shows, which included the OK Toys Transcontinental Express several times no less
.jpg)
.jpg)
Theres a number of models in this series, breakdown truch, security van, fire engine and ambulance. Bill
ReplyDeleteYep, the Matteline video covers them brilliantly Bill. Have a watch.
DeleteI found one of these at a fair some time ago. Corgi model number 701 Inter-City Mini-Bus was available 1973-78 according to a book I have on Corgi, so a lot later than Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet. A great looking model.
ReplyDeleteAh, that settles it. Much too late. Thanks Paul.
Delete