I love dystopian art.
The Missus and me have just spent some time in Suffolk with close pals.
In their huge and wondrous LP collection was this fabulous vintage cover of people wearing gas masks on a beach. It's called Picnic, A Breath of Fresh Air no less!
The mad happenstance reminded me of Alex Andreev's artwork I borrowed for the blog during the airing of Sarge, the blog stories and Celtica radio plays, I first began writing in 2013.
Here's another of Andreev's I adore, a huge beached fish with an American fifties car nearby.
Whilst in Suffolk we visited Bawdsey looking for fossil shark teeth.
I snapped the Bawdsey headland above because it recalled that shot in The Howling of the Colony coastline ( actually in Mendocino) first sketched by hairy Eddie Quist. It's a werewolf film I adore.
On Bawdsey dunes is this beautiful blue and maroon house with its windswept trees. Truly gorgeous in its marine setting. Maybe utopian!








Cool stuff.
ReplyDelete