Last week in South Norfolk I picked up three old plastic Charity shop toys I'd forgotten to take home last year, which would have been easier, as we had a car.
This trip we went by rail and I took the biggest empty suitcase we had for the toys' return.
Fortunately they fitted like a glove, two Action Man style vehicles with the same number plates and a big 1966 style Batmobile.
All three yet to be ID'd.
Have you ever lugged toys home on trains, planes or otherwise readers?



One of my regrets was my first trip to Hong Kong in 1978. Mattel's Shogun Warriors had recently arrived in Australia and I was obsessed with the two foot tall wonders.
ReplyDeleteOn this 21st Birthday trip to the US. Japan and Hong Kong, I discovered there was a whole world beyond the three characters Mattel had chosen to license. The Popy originals were freely available and I bought a Daimos and Spiderman Leopaldon.
With my suitcase already groaning, I saw a Daikengo in a HK shop with nowhere to put it!
In retrospect, I should have tried to bring it as carry on, or paid for excess baggage.
As it was, I didn't get it and it became a negative shape in my robot collection!