Hello Woodsy,
your ELF store display link for the Lincoln Thunderbirds toys peeked my interest.
I couldn't find a lot of information, but it certainly was a thing back in the day.
One of my research resources was a fascinating blog called space base - or something!
I love those Old School production techniques, like the screen printed hardboard, vac form rocks, painted wood pieces, bent wire and celluloid windows!
Ah, those were the days!
Looey Oz Base
Anyone got one of these JR21 Thunderbirds Store Displays?




I have one of these but it's currently packed away. When I get a chance I'll get it out and provide some photos. Cheers Tony
ReplyDeleteO Lucky Man! Congrats, Tony!
DeleteWow Tony! Yes, when you get chance let's please have a look!
DeleteI’ve got one too. I’m sure I’ve blogged some pictures in the past, I’ve also got the Elf Toys pre production model , which was given to me by Geraldine who ran Elf Toys before they closed down. ( they were called Joytoys by then) Will O
ReplyDeleteOh, lucky man times two! I'd be in Heaven with just one!
DeleteAmazing Will. I'll have a look of we e blogged them before. They sound incredible, esp. The pre production model.
DeleteI see that one of these sets (lacking the Thunderbird 2 launch complex) sold on eBay last week. It had been listed for at least 18 months. I've been watching it over that time and wondered if it would ever sell. It did, eventually. Cheers Tony
ReplyDeleteAh, I wonder if it will be used as a display Tony?
Delete