I've been free associating again. Like Bishop in A L I E N I'm still collating!
This time about books.
Well annuals to be precise. Annuals from my youth.
It all started when I saw the word Top Secret on the cover of the 1969 Joe 90 annual. This immediately made me think of Project SWORD manuals.
I actually had the Joe annual to hand. It was in the ever-changing toilet library. Flicking through its musty pages I made various connections with other artists, strips and annuals in a perforated roll of loose memories.
Making even more connections my mind ended up like a set of Corgi Rockets track that Never ends, going on forever into freefall.
All I had to do was find the books.
This is no mean feat as I'm not exactly sure which ones I need - Fantastic? TV Comic? Creepy and Eerie Magazines?
Then there's the problem of location. I have annuals stacked in my room and in the attic. Creepys are boxed up. It will all take time as my memory is as elusive as Steve Ditko, who, coincidentally is one of the artists I would like to make a connection to.
There's also Malcolm Stokes, Ladybird shirts, a teacher Viking, scratchy black art and Johnny Seven too!
A dot to dot of annualised thoughts to be blogged as soon as they coalesce.
I'm still collating!
CHECKLISTS BY BRAND (FOR COUNTRY BY COUNTRY SEE TOP OF BLOG)
PROJECT SWORD SPACEX TIMELINE
- 1968 SPACEX LT10 CONCEPT
- 1966 SPACE GLIDER REAL THING
- 1969 LUNAR CLIMBER & MOONSHIP
- 1968 PROJECT SWORD ANNUAL
- 1968 TV21 #168 PROJECT SWORD PHASE 2
- 1968 PLEASURE CRUISER CONCEPT
- 1968 CENTURY 21 TOY MANUAL
- 1967 SCOUT 1 CONCEPT
- 1967 NUCLEAR FERRY TOY AD
- 1967 SWORD TOY AD
- 1967 SWORD TOY AD
- 1966 SPACE GLIDER CONCEPT
- 1966 HOVERTANK IN COMIC
- 1966 NUKE PULSE NEEDLEPROBE IN COMIC
- 1966 ZERO X FILM DEBUT
- 1966 MOONBUS IN COMIC
- 1966 SPACE PATROL 1
- 1966 P3 HELICOPTER IN COMIC
- 1966 SAND FLEA AND SNOW TRAIN
- 1966 MOBILE LAUNCH PAD IN COMIC
- 1965 SPACEX MOONBASE CONCEPT
- 1965 APOLLO FIRST UK TOY AD
- 1962 NOVA CONCEPT
- 1962 MOONBUS CONCEPT
- 1961 MOON PROSPECTOR CONCEPT
- 1953 MOLAB CONCEPT