I've noticed a few Project SWORD badges turn up on eBay this summer and Autumn, which is always good to see. As with everything, the prices have gone up but then again they're not things you'll normally find at the local car boot.
To remind you the three standard badges included in many of the Century 21 Toys were these -
There was a fourth White Supremo badge found only with the boxed Zero X and not one often seen.
I loved these badges as a kid and along with the paper manual I always thought they made great additions to the play value of the toys themselves. It's a pity C21 didn't issue a full SWORD uniform of sorts to go with them.
Having discovered the American versions of SWORD toys by Tarheel in the mid-1990's I always thought that a badge would have sat well with those toys too. If not SWORD then perhaps a Tarheel badge.
I had a look for a Tarheel toys badge but couldn't find anything.
There were probably lots of space related badges in the world in the 1960's and 70's.
What was your favourite space badge readers?
Gosh, there were loads. I liked the Sugar Smacks starfleet logo badge, which I wore at primary school! I have quite a few badges in my collection. Annoyingly, I am missing one from the Blake's 7 ones that came out when the series began.
ReplyDeleteAny chance of finding one?
DeleteThere is but it will take a lot of searching. I'll stick at it.
DeleteI like my SpaceX badge!!!! Cheers, Tony
ReplyDeleteIs it the red triangle Tony?
Delete