Woodsy,
Here's the parts I have for my boosters' rear end (that doesn't sound right does it? LOL).
1st photo: The small cone on the left goes on first. The larger cone goes over it such that you can't see the smaller cone.
2nd photo (from Internet): Then, there is a nickel-plated exhaust pipe that gets inserted into the small cone (circled). I think that is doable using plastic tubing and a silver paint pen.
3rd & 4th photos: The cones that are shown in the link you sent could be used for other things. If you cut them in half, they would pass for a decent landing gear fairing as on the Falcon 9 spaceships. I'm a bit hung up on how to actually do landing gear without too much finnicky model work though. I'm not much of a modeler, so it would have to be something egregiously simple, along the lines of 'Spaceship Landing Gear for Dummies'!
From Vegas Base
Ed




Hi Ed - you could probably fabricate the end of the chrome engine part with a knob from an old hifi system or stereo. Failing that, plastic drinking straws glues to a section of tubing. The only actual image of the Booster Rocket with any kind of gantry is in the text story 'A Question of Discipline', which has an illustration by Malcolm Stokes. Technically the Booster Rocket isn't intended for an atmospheric launch and was assembled in orbit, but why let that stand in the way of a good toy? http://technodelic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Upload03/ProjectSWORD02.htm
ReplyDeleteBill
Bill, I can't get that link to work soz.
DeleteDang - sorry ed, it was via the Wayback Machine!
Deletehttps://web.archive.org/web/20160604112749/http://technodelic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Upload03/ProjectSWORD02.htm
I adore that illustration of the gantried Booster! Thanks Bill.
DeleteMight I suggest checking into glue bottles for the chromed bit? They come in various sizes so one might fit pretty decently and even have the ribbed end. You'd just have to find the right size and paint it to get a decent passable part. A random pic of some: https://www.freemansupply.com/LargeImages/glue-bottles.jpg
ReplyDeleteI see what you mean Lance!
Delete