OK, FAB1 and buses. Huh?
The first tale is something I first saw in David Nightengale's brilliant Century 21 magazine back in the early 00's.
Peter Nelson, The proprietor of Cars of the Stars Museu, tracked down this old FAB1 and had it professionally restored if I remember rightly.
Here it is as Peter found it, half-derelict beside a bus
And after his costly but meticulous restoration. Wow!
It's the big FAB1 I actually went on to see in Keswick at Cars of the Stars before it was sold off. Did you go?
As far as I know it's in the Orlando Motor Museum now. Have you been there?
The second bus tale is about its insides, which turns out to be the big FAB1 chassis. So, this is Anthony's FAB1 chassis story.
Alas, I'm not on FB so I don't know how this progressed. Do you?
https://www.barnfindspecialist.co.uk/post/fab-1-our-latest-project-june-2025



No comments:
Post a Comment