My Grandson has been telling me about his spare Pokémon cards He's got loads.
He was telling me a large excess group is called bulk. I guess a bulk lot.
I was thinking of similar words in the vintage toy world. I suppose bulk would work too for a large group of spares.
One of my favourite toy words is deadstock, which I used to associate with the clearance shelf at ToysRUs, an area I often hung around in the 1990's when I had a TRU gold card!
I saw some deadstock at the local boot sale yesterday. Boxes and boxes of mint bagged Scooby Do happy meal toys. I have to admit I was tempted by a box full!
What's your favourite toy or collectables word?
I love the word Deadstock too.
ReplyDeleteI've encountered it often in my search for 1960's Bandai Captain Scarlet items!
Ha ha! Like it Looey!
Delete