I dunno, I kinda like this golden Sky Ranger. OK, it's not subtle and beautiful it ain't but there's enough space styling to give it a look.
Or do you think it's ugly?
It's actually called an Airship.
There detailing in the blister would sit well with LP or Project SWORD.
It reminds me of the Moonbus canopy.
Do you like this golden oldie?




It has a nice clunkiness evocative of the Star Wars land Speeder - but with wings.
ReplyDeleteI see that Ed.
DeleteI think it's cool.
ReplyDeleteCould have been Ace Rimmer's runaround ?
Ha ha, yes Mish.
DeleteThose 70'-80s style decals were never my favourite. That whole pinstriping look always felt slapped on, rather than organic. A lot of my early 80's Japanese robots have it and although I faithfully followed the application instructions, I think they would have looked better without all those extra embellishments.
ReplyDeleteMr. Skyranger looks like Mondrian was in the paint shop that day!
Ha ha, it's like a stripey stick of rock from Blackpool Looey!
DeleteYes, obviously a cheap knock-off of the SW Land Speeder, but absolutely an improvement in gold-plate and with those goofy racing stripes! SFZ
ReplyDeleteYes SF, the speeder from Tatooine. Lots of Tattoos too! Ha ha
DeleteAirship to me means dirigible…between this toy and speeders are called “vanships” I believe
ReplyDeleteVanships! Wow, a new word. Thanks.
Delete