The Missus mentioned Milk Jelly this morning.
Wow!
I so remember it. Jelly made with milk. Blimey, was that delicious when I was a kid. I may just have to make some again! Remember it?
It got me thinking about other past sweets, puddings and afters.
Instant Whip - my favourite milk pud as a kid, the best being butterscotch. I guess it's a lost brand now.
Birds Dream Topping - Lordy, how I adored this fluffy white nectar. I bet you can still get it.
Angel Delight - a lesser Instant Whip to my taste, too much air but delish nonetheless. I'm pretty sure this is still around.
Have you any forgotten puds and afters?
Milk Jelly? Do you mean Blancmange?
ReplyDeleteYou must remember Monty Python's sketch of a Blancmange playing tennis at Wimbledon?
Hmmm, not Blancmange Terran. That has a skin on it I think. Yuk. Milk Jelly was a jelly cubes melted in both hot water and milk I think. Delicious! Don't recall that Python but I know I'd like it!
DeleteThere was always 'frog spawn' at school, i.e. semolina pudding. Pineapple upside-down cake, which was a pudding! Jam roly-poly. Tinned mixed fruit and Ice cream/cream . Bread and Butter pudding, the one with real bread not the other mush.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, all the classics there Khusru! But which had the bigger balls? Tapioca or sago?
Delete