As my Grandson Junior gets older inevitably his tastes are changing. It happened to us all.
The latest casualty of nearly being ten is this first batch of his mostly modern die-casts, which we used to play with together for many happy hours.
MoonBase has happily agreed to store them for Junior in our attic until further notice.
Junior's faves are these two gorgeous vintage Super Kings transporters.
They would sit nicely in any Gerry Anderson TV show I reckon.
Also in the box is this strange robot car, which I guess is from the old Robot Wars TV programme.
Have you got stuff stored in your attic?




That robot is a model of Razer, one of the competitors in Robot Wars, a good one as I recall. My mum kept some of my childhood toys in a cupboard for decades and I have them now, including my original Shado mobile and Straker's car. Really glad she did that.
ReplyDeleteI bet they're in your cabinet Kev! 😂 How thoughtful of your Mum.
DeleteThey certainly are. Yeah, that was great of her.
DeleteIt'a easy to look back and say "Gee, why didn't I save this or that?" but as you mention, tastes change throughout our lives, and its a wonder we saved anything at all! I think we all took our childhood toys for granted back then, and had no idea how important they might be to us later in life. SFZ
ReplyDeleteTrue SF. And why would we have considered our toys or any pop culture paraphernalia important once we'd grown up. Like childhood, they were discarded, as, I guess, they were intended to be.
DeleteI can’t begin to tell you how much of my granddaughter’s toys have been stashed away. I may not have kept everything but still kept a lot.
ReplyDelete