Hi Woodsy
I Recently I visited the East Somerset Steam Railway. In the gift shop they had a lovely HO/OO Bubble Car. So, as I have enough room in my cabinet I bought it.
Here is a photo of it along with Supercar and the FAB1 mk2, all to scale.
Soon I'll be starting work on the original 1966 Dinky FAB1.
Bill Ev
UK
Have you got a bubble car?

Bill, are you old enough to remember Michael Bentine's 'It's a Square World'?
ReplyDeleteThey did a recreation of The Battle of Britain driving Heinkel and Messerschmitt bubble cars in place of aircraft. It was surreal more than square!
Yes I am old enough to remember the later episodes, I was born at the end of the 1950's. Curiously enough they did have the Heinkel Bubble car there in the same scale, and I did consider buying that, but it's the Bubble car I bought I remember as a family friend had one!
ReplyDeleteI do have a vague memory of the scene you describe. But then again Michael Bentine's work was always surreal, bordering on talented madness!
Is that FAB1 related to the recent TV series Bill? Looks great!
DeleteYes Paul, this is the FAB1 from the new series. Of course at the end of Thunderbird 6, FAB1 was destroyed, as it was in the Car Hold of SkyShip One when it crashed.
DeleteI understand that the designers of the new series did want to make all the vehicles look as close to the originals as possible. It is a nice looking car. Although I also love the original Dinky too.
Unrelated…Star Trek 3 foot model saga:
ReplyDeletehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZED7L7KsUnQ&ra=m
Replica on top
www.shawcomputing.net/racerx/trek_stuff/models/tos_33/gallery/33in_comp-01.jpg
Thanks. Interesting.
DeleteI loved Michael Bentine's Potty Time but I think that was later on. Yes, mad cap antics with little squat puppets. I'll have to find that BoB episode.
ReplyDelete