Well it's Saturday July 4th. I know what will that mean for our American readers. The big Independence Day weekend. Hope you're having fun across the pond.
Let us know how you're celebrating ... Or not!
🗽
It's a normal summer Saturday here in Blighty. We've a gardener in, Dave, trimming our hedges. Other than that not much happening today. I might make cheese on toast for a late breakfast.
What are you up to in your neck of the woods around the globe?
🧑🌾
Sitting next to my son, trying to keep him focussed on working on his university dissertation.
ReplyDeleteIt'll be like this every day for the next two weeks or so.
Hard work, believe me.
I can imagine Mish. You have my sympathy!
DeleteHere in CT we are just trying to keep cool in this crummy heatwave, and hopefully keep the dogs from hearing the fireworks!
ReplyDeleteWe've seen the US temperatures on the UK news. Staggeringly hot! Too hot for soccer and poor old dogs.
DeleteAlso in Ct we were awoken this morning by our eight year old grandson with his Yorkie puppy. I can't say waking up to be licked by a puppy is my preferred wake up call.
ReplyDeleteIt is very hot and sunny, we watched our grandson shoot hoops with his father, then lunch at home watching a World Cup game, before going to a community bar-b-que and the swimming pool. No fireworks in person, possibly we'll watch on TV tonight.
Sounds fab Terran, the communal spirit is alive and kicking. The Yorkie morning licks made me chuckle!
DeleteUpset to July 4th plans, just before 8pm we had a thunderstorm which in the nearby town was a cyclone/tornado. Blew off roofs, downed trees, which in Ct means trees fall on overhead power lines and down them. A substation was damaged and power went off by 8pm.
DeleteNo watching fireworks on TV for us.
We played UNO for over an hour lit by battery powered, LED camping lanterns then went to bed in hot, humid conditions.
Power hadn't returned by 5pm Sunday when we left taking the contents of the refrigerator with us.
That's terrible Terran. So sorry but you all did well to vacate with the food. Are tornados common in Ct?
DeleteI think it was more freak than usual weather. We had not experienced it in the 14 years of going there. Our cell phones received text warnings to stay indoors and too beware of 80 mph winds and flying debris. When we drove back to NYC we saw damaged trees along the way. Power was restored at 5am Monday.
DeleteDisappointment was offset by England beating Mexico when we returned to NYC>
Sounds like more extreme weather Terran. Glad you're all OK. Those warnings are a Godsend.
DeleteI'm afraid at our little farm, we're dealing with the heat and trying to save the sheep.
ReplyDeleteShearing them was delayed due to many of them being pregnant. So, now, in 37C / 98F heat, they're still in heavy wool.
We usually hire an experienced shearer, but that didn't work out, so we sheared 11 of the fluffiest (and hottest) sheep this morning, and will have to get the rest tomorrow.
However, yesterday, I worked on a comic for today:
https://www.hirezfox.com/21cf/d/20260704.html
Now, I just want to drink water and rest up for tomorrow.
Sounds really hard and upsetting about your sheep Scott. I hope tested and watered ready enough for another boiling day. I love your comics. Wow, you started in 1999! That first storyline reminds me of a TV show I saw in Germany, Bauer Sucht ein Frau or Farmer seeks a wife. I know your fox isn't a farmer but you are so it sorta got mixed up in my head! 😂 Good luck with the herd.
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your poor sheep! Keep those babies cool! SFZ
DeleteHear hear!
DeleteHeaded out to work
ReplyDeleteGotta be done.
DeleteNothing special going on at our house Woodsy. I’ve already posted my July 4th train video and am sitting on the couch watching Harry Potter! 😄 I imagine Da Hood will be lit up with illegal fireworks later tonight.
ReplyDeleteI love your little sketches of Las Vegas life Ed! 😂 Have a great week and stay cool.
DeleteI visited a charity shop which I seldom get to, and they had a big stack of DVDs in. Usually New Zealand charity shops are terrible, nothing like those in Britain or the US. But I got such a great haul - including a copy of Crossroads to Crime, directed by Gerry Anderson. A very welcome addition to my Gerry Anderson collection.
ReplyDeleteWow! Well done Paul. What are the chances. I've never seen Crossroads to Crime. Let us know what it's like when you watch it.
DeleteCrossroads to Crime is a legend in Gerry Anderson circles! Hopefully, you will watch it and send a full synopsis to Moonbase Central! SFZ
DeleteHave you seen it SF?
Delete