Woodsy,
For Fathers Day, I went through some of my dad’s papers, and came across a stack of postcards he sent me over the years from some of his business travels in the 1960s.
The most interesting group to me were about a dozen postcards showing the airliners he flew in, to various parts of the world.
I thought it would be fun to caption them with the airplane “make-and-model” and send them along. To me, it’s a good example of another “lost” world - world travel for business - although I’m sure it still happens to this day.
Rob C
USA














Those are wonderful postcards, and a reminder both of your Father, and of some of the greatest airliners of the era. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYes, I remember these images like it was yesterday!
DeleteQuite beautiful Rob. So evocative of a golden age of flight. It must have been something when you found them. I think my favourite is the painting of the Lockheed prop jet Electra. It's even signed. Thanks for sharing, yes.
ReplyDeleteYes, the paintings are amazing, aren't they? The Golden Age of Commercial Illustration!
DeletePriceless pistcards and priceless memories. They're amazing, Rob. Definitely a link to a different time. Thanks for sharing these gems.
ReplyDeleteJust added five more postcards from Rob which I didn't post originally. I'm going loopy in this heat!
ReplyDeleteThis kind of ephemera is a valuable window into a lost age, airline travel in the sixties was a big adventure for some and these wonderful images capture it beautifully. If I didn’t have enough hobbies already, I’d add collecting cards to my list! Bill
ReplyDelete