Will O.
Hi Woodsy,
Gabrielle Designs did paddingtons in different colours. Here he is in the more unusual Green coat.
Will O
UK
*
Brian B:
Ah, Paddington!
When we left the UK in 1974 to get married in NYC I gave my wife-to-be a Paddington as a reminder of the UK.
For over 50 years he has been in our home, wearing the BOAC Tags he wore as cabin baggage and collecting a coating of dust.
Sadly our grandson does not like bears and I have been deprived the joy of reading the Paddington stories to him.
I didn't care for the Paddington movies but I shall treasure the memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth having tea with him.
So that's what was in her handbag all those years!
Nice that you could visit our bear's hometown.
Given Rob's recent aircraft his father flew in, Paddington was in a VC10 in the last weeks of BOAC before it joined BEA to become British airways. The lowercase a(irways) was dropped when everyone thought it was daft.
Brian B
NYC
No comments:
Post a Comment