On a trip out with pals I had a major memory surge when I saw this toy in an antiques shop.
It's the Britains Deetail Karate Kung Fu figures on a metal base. God I adored this thing in the early Seventies, when I was Kung Fu mad. One of those little icons of the Bruce Lee era that captivated my young mind.
I also recall Britain's Mini-Sets, which I loved too, like the Police Rider or the Army Dispatch Rider or the green Mortar set.
I'm not sure if the Karate pair were a Mini-Set, but boy seeing it again gave me a real kick! At £19 though I left them sparring.
Did you have Britains Deetails or Mini-Sets?

I was never a fan of Britains figures.
ReplyDeleteThey were generally made from one colour of plastic, with painted details, which wore off with play.
I prefered Timpo or Tempo (I think) figures with each element cast in the appropriate colour plastic.
More durable play value.