Enjoying Disney + and my beloved Marvel films again I caught the fabulous Captain Marvel last night. Such a great film and what a super hero. So powerful! It's a shame the same excellent actress didn't carry on the role of Carol Danvers in The Marvels, which I've yet to see. Have you?
Alas, the Fantastic Four First Steps was too comical for me. I watched a half hour and had to turn it over to the Thunderbolts, which I fell asleep in almost immediately, so I can't say I've seen it. It was past midnight. Have you seen Fantastic Four First Steps?
I loved it! The retro futuristic 60's stylistics really grabbed me.
ReplyDelete-And someone finally did Galactus justice. No stupid cloud, just a scary convincing giant!
Galactus! Wow! I might have to watch it now!
DeleteEr. Brie Larson did play Captain Marvel in The Marvels as well. Not sure where you heard she didn't. Sorry but IMHO The Marvels is terrible and it deservedly bombed at the cinema. I did see it so they got my money. It was fine if you like musical numbers in films and are into lots of cuddly cats I suppose. Not really a film for the boys and it seems the girls didn't bother to go see it.. I enjoyed Fantastic Four First Steps but it was average, not great, and I'm sick to death of Pedro Pascal appearing in just about everything these days!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, I looked at the poster and thought it was another actress Yorkie! Doh! It was late when I looked. Was Pedro Pascal the bad guy in Wonder Woman 1984?
DeleteYeah, WW84, Mandalorian, Equalizer 2, Gladiator 2, Game of Thrones and dozens of others. I even remember him from those sponsored by Casillero del diablo wine adverts that were on Film 4 before and during every flipping advert! I'm sure he's a great guy but IMHO highly over-rated. He's like those so called presenters and reality TV "celebrities" that appear all over TV on multiple programs. You just can't escape them!
DeleteHa ha, he's got under your skin Yorkie. I avoid celebrity and panel shows like the plague. They're obviously popular and I guess it's a regular income for the stars. Stardom doesn't seem to last long these days.
Delete