Wow! What a compendium! Basil Gogos monsters, Wally Wood strips and a diorama of him at work with his perrenial ciggie in his mouth (you should probably try to cut down, Wal) In terms of esoterica, it even has a page from Help Magazine featuring Barbie and John Cleese!
You'd really have to know your onions to understand that last sentence!
Is that last item a photostrip? I have this book but I haven't looked at it for a while and I'm not even sure where it is, exactly. Fascinatingly - for me, at least - James Warren's Help! magazine, besides featuring John Cleese, also included contributions from Terry Gilliam, Germaine Greer and Woody Allen.
Wow! What a compendium!
ReplyDeleteBasil Gogos monsters, Wally Wood strips and a diorama of him at work with his perrenial ciggie in his mouth (you should probably try to cut down, Wal) In terms of esoterica, it even has a page from Help Magazine featuring Barbie and John Cleese!
You'd really have to know your onions to understand that last sentence!
I don't know enough onions Looey. What does it mean?
DeleteIs that last item a photostrip? I have this book but I haven't looked at it for a while and I'm not even sure where it is, exactly. Fascinatingly - for me, at least - James Warren's Help! magazine, besides featuring John Cleese, also included contributions from Terry Gilliam, Germaine Greer and Woody Allen.
DeleteNever heard of Help Paul. James Warren tried all sorts of stuff didn't he!
Delete