Disaster struck my lipstick transporter.
I thought I'd struck gold with these orange plastic ties.
But super-gluing them round the cockpit proved too much for my meagre skills. The glue has also fogged the inside of the translucent cockpit which there's nothing I can do about now.
It looked like a dog's dinner!
I ripped it off, cleaned off the dried glue and started again with the pesky cockpit border.
In the end I used an elastic band. Not brilliant to look at but simple to use!
With a decent second wind I replaced the plastic exhaust with a metal one purloined from an old e-cig my Missus chucked.
I also began the chassis for the wheels using orange plastic from a Jaffa Cake box.
I also took Wotan's advice and ditched the original long nosecone and created a new shorter one using another Sharpie pen lid.
This session's efforts were rounded off with a metal ring edging the main fuselage,
the wheel braces and the wheels. Blimey!
Wish me luck!