The local car boot sale was not bad last Wednesday.
Its a big 'un and a few tables were choc-ful of vintage toys. I bagged a couple of things but my biggest purchase of the morning, and of the year when it comes to boot sales, was for a tenner. That's ten of my best pounds!
For this royal sum I walked off with a toy that I've been aware of for decades, ever since I started reading about old battery toys. Its a Rosko Charlie Weaver Bartender along with its box no less!
Now this Charlie has seen better days and tending that bar for 50 years has taken the fizz out of his cocktail shaker and sadly he has shed a few parts. But still he's a quaint fella and I think there's a few more rounds in him yet. I will tell you more about my Charlie and his box some other time. Him and me have a lot of catching up to do!
The items I walked away from are probably as interesting so here they are, the loose toys I left behind!
1. Dressed Thunderbirds Hood doll from the 1990's
2. Dressed Captain Scarlet doll from the 1990's
3. Mister Men circular bagatelle 1970's
4. Dial Away BT Telephone Board Game 1980's?
5. Sky at Night Patrick Moore Board Game 1980's?
6. Lady Penelope annual 1960's
7. Sindy Pedigree beach buggy 1960's
8. Loads of loose action figures like Chuck Norris and Action Force
9. Loads of loose vintage Dinky planes and tanks.
10. Carded Air Raiders sets 1980's?
11. M.A.S.K figures
12. A set of Stingray story books by Boxtree 1990's
13. A few unknown multi-wheel white vehicles [the one bottom right here]
14. A cuddly toy
I've no idea how much these were going for. I just noticed them and handled some. One item I did enquire about was an Aurora boxed model kit. It was a smaller square box with the later Aurora logo. I think the model was a Fokker. It was in with stacks of other boxed military models by Frog and Revell.
I loved Aurora as a kid and I did feel the glued-up hands of the sprue-filled past reaching into my pocket for the fiver the chap wanted. But I resisted all as I was due at Charlie Weaver's bar several tables along!
So there you have it. Two hours of rummaging.
Would you have bought any of it readers?
What have you walked away from?