Here are some pics of yet another different version of the SWORD Space Glider I picked up a couple of years ago.
It's based on the orange version of the Space Glider but has NASA stickers on it and no mention of Project SWORD.
Differences from the SWORD version are:
1. darker blue cockpit "glass"
2. blue switch at rear instead of silver
3. flat cylindrical protrusion on the underside of the nose
4. different stickers, obviously! The "NASA" stickers under the cockpit are placed over the line of small blue windows
5. different wheel housings - the NASA version has "open" housings with exposed metal axles, while the SWORD version has "closed" housings which fully enclose the axles
6. no nose antenna - instead the antenna's mounting holes have been filled in with mysterious "space jewels", with the holes re-shaped to accommodate them... One less thing to lose I suppose.
Best of all - it still works - I popped a couple of batteries in tonight and, surprise, surprise, it made a dreadful howl (which I assume was the "jet sound effects" referred to on the box of the SWORD version!), the wheels underneath spun around and the light in the nose flashed away merrily illuminating the "space jewels" brilliantly. I doubt that any self-respecting astronaut would have failed to find his way back to it.
In contrast my SWORD version didn't give a peep when I tried to switch it on... So much for saving the world...
Brilliant Tony! One I've not seen before. Love this detailed comparison and especially the nose jewels. Remind me of the Day Fran glider version. Woodsy