I wish I had a photo of my old key ring collection I had as a kid in the Sixties and early Seventies.
It was quite big and wide-ranging. I didn't have any keys. I just liked them.
Friends and family brought them back for me from trips away and I bought them myself although I've no idea where we bought trinkets like that in those days. I suppose they were called Fancy Goods rather than being actual toys.
I had all sorts and the ones I can call to mind were:
- small plastic toilet
- metal flexible fish
- plastic bottle that turned into a pen
- photo concertina book
- Eiffel tower
- blue globe
- watneys beer barrel [pictured]
- esso blue man
- rubber tyre compass
- something I looked into like a TV or viewer with small pictures inside
- dice shaker
- cocktail shaker
- Thunderbirds figures
- die-cast cap gun like a revolver, Luger or Derringer
- shell oil shell
- tape measure
There were also some risque ones made of moving metal figures, which often had crowds round in the school playground!
I loved my old key ring* collection. Did you have one?
* sometimes called key charms. Not key fobs, they were for adults' car keys!