Saturday, 8 March 2014
Friday, 7 March 2014
Well, sort of. After the discovery of a Post Office Tower model and a Denys Fisher War of the Daleks game figure at Doncaster toy fair, last week, I picked up the red version of the Dalek on ebay.
Roughly the size of the Marx Rolykins,these neat little toys have been in my sights for a while. The game features 4 (?) of each, silver/red and blue/gold and has some lovely graphics. I don't have the game, but these two were welcomed into my smal Skaro expeditionary force with open arm.
I've been having a bit of a rummage through some old photos of the Product Enterprise Gerry Anderson range.
Although the models were, and are excellent collectables, unlike Stingray above, some are sadly let down by some awful weathering which covered most of the subtle detail.
The worst example is quite definitely the first batch of Shado Mobiles. This Mobile Control looks like it's camouflaged.
Although a later batch was released shortly before the company ceased production which tried to rectify the problem, as this Shado 2 example shows.
The Skydiver model just about gets away with it, although a lighter touch would have looked better.
The UFO and the Shado Interceptor seemed to have escaped unscathed, with some nice detail on the latter.
The SPV,on close inspection has far too much dirtying down which pretty much obscures its true colour. I've heard stories of some brave souls who've used acetate to remove some of the weathering, although to be honest I wouldn't recommend it myself.
I think I'm right in saying that the Eagle Transporter was the first Anderson/P.E. release and I have to say it still looks great, with some lovely detail and just the right amount of weathering.
Thursday, 6 March 2014
Wednesday, 5 March 2014
READ THE ESSENTIAL PROJECT SWORD COMICS HISTORY BY SHAQUI LEVESCONTE & KIM STEVENS
PROJECT SWORD SPACEX TIMELINE
- 1968 SPACEX LT10 CONCEPT
- 1966 SPACE GLIDER REAL THING
- 1969 LUNAR CLIMBER & MOONSHIP
- 1968 PROJECT SWORD ANNUAL
- 1968 TV21 #168 PROJECT SWORD PHASE 2
- 1968 PLEASURE CRUISER CONCEPT
- 1968 CENTURY 21 TOY MANUAL
- 1967 SCOUT 1 CONCEPT
- 1967 NUCLEAR FERRY TOY AD
- 1967 SWORD TOY AD
- 1967 SWORD TOY AD
- 1966 SPACE GLIDER CONCEPT
- 1966 HOVERTANK IN COMIC
- 1966 NUKE PULSE NEEDLEPROBE IN COMIC
- 1966 ZERO X FILM DEBUT
- 1966 MOONBUS IN COMIC
- 1966 SPACE PATROL 1
- 1966 P3 HELICOPTER IN COMIC
- 1966 SAND FLEA AND SNOW TRAIN
- 1966 MOBILE LAUNCH PAD IN COMIC
- 1965 SPACEX MOONBASE CONCEPT
- 1965 APOLLO FIRST UK TOY AD
- 1962 NOVA CONCEPT
- 1962 MOONBUS CONCEPT
- 1961 MOON PROSPECTOR CONCEPT
- 1953 MOLAB CONCEPT
BLOG EXCLUSIVES ARCHIVE: CUrrently out of order
Spacex Nuclear Pulse Instruction sheet courtesy of reader Mike Burrows
Tarheel Moon Prospector Instruction sheet courtesy of Woodsy
Snow Train and Hover Tank Make a Model Book Century 21 courtesy of Woodsy
Scout 3 Box copy to print out and make up by Woodsy and Wotan
PROBE FORCE 3 VARIATIONS
- AURORA MODEL DREAMING
- DALEKS INVADE LONDON
- DIRTY ENTERPRISING PRODUCTS
- ARE FEWER PEOPLE LEAVING FEEDBACK ON EBAY?
- KICK OUT THE JAMS WITH JACK AND MEG WHITE
- THE INVESTIGATOR: WHERE IS THE ARMOURED COMMAND VE...
- EVEN MORE CHROMED OFF
- "BLUE-BOX" SPACE VEHICLES
- CHILDHOOD PENS
- FLIPPERS! IT'S A SUBAQUATIC CROSSWORD
- WHITE SPACE BIRD PROBE FORCE 3 MYSTERY: WHAT DOES ...
- MYSTERIOUS FLYING SAUCER TAKE TWO
- THREE MEN. JUST
- WHAT SORT OF TOY COLLECTOR ARE YOU?
- And its goodnight from him!
- Post Donny Breakfast!
- Live from Donny
- Swordstock Sunday
- COMET HYDRO PLANE TOY BOAT
- JOHNNY SEVEN ENVY!
- DEPTHS OF THE MOONCAVE
- SWORDSTOCK SOUNDSCAPES
- Swordstock is Go!
- PILOT PROJECT: THE PROJECT SWORD PILOTS OF CENTURY...
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2013 (989)
- ► 2012 (1017)
- ► 2011 (849)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (712)