Please find attached a photo of me with the 2016 anniversary compo prize - sorry it took so long to organize but here it is !
Massive thanks to Alan Shubrook for sending on his 2nd book (as I already had his first which was the original prize) - I can say it's every bit as wonderful as the first - packed with photos I'd never seen and a trove of new info - my highest recommendations (and thanks again !).
Thanks to you and the Blog team for running such a great Birthday Compo - hope the photo's okay (and there might be a sign of the prize from last year in the background !) -
Thanks again and very best wishes -
P.S. - I should probably also give credit to all those British Annuals and comics that used to do the Puzzle page where you have to identify an everyday object from an unusual or close-up angle - they were great training for the Blog Compos !
John's Winning Answers
to the comp
1. - Johnny Seven OMA Rifle - Deluxe Reading/ Topper Toys
2. - Billy Blastoff - Eldon (possibly a knock-off ?)
3. - Atomic Disintegrator Gun - Hubley
4. - Fireball XL5 Playset - MPC (Multiple Toymakers)
5. - Moon Patrol Cricket - Golden Astronaut Moon Exploration Series - Multiple Toymakers
6. - Blushing Frankenstein (Mod Monster) - T.N Nomura
7.- Strange Change Toy (featuring "The Lost World") - Mattel
8. - LUNAR EXPLORER - ALPS
9. - James Bond 007 Road Race - AC Gilbert
10. - The Wolfman - Aurora