Hi Woodsy!
I started the restoration of A LT-10 Lunar Transporter from Pippin Spacex II.
My first one was missing the front ring and rear engine exhaust. I just picked a complete one, and borrowed the needed parts to make rubber molds. From them I will cast new replacement parts. See pictures....
Photos of completed parts will follow soon.
I also am restoring a Pippin Spacex moon buggy with new wheels. Photos coming also.
I might make a second half ( two part mold) of engine exhaust on right.
I cast the LT-10 front ring. Here is the first one molded and unpainted against the original. Still making the two part mold for the tail exhaust . Tooth picks sticking in there will be air holes. Center white tube will be path to pour resin in later. Now waiting for this rubber to cure.
The LT-10 repro ring painted with original.
Two part mold for LT-10 engine exhaust ready to cast parts.
LT-10 Transporter parts are done except for chrome painting, and attaching permanently. See pictures.
SpaceX Moon Buggy parts recast is next up.
Bob
USA









This is fascinating stuff Bob, esp. to someone like me that still considers using sellotape as engineering. This is home industry, your own private factory. Incredible, as are the results.
ReplyDeleteGreat use of Lego bricks too! Is that Latex rubber you use Bob? Bill
ReplyDelete