That's beautiful work Kevin... You have my full admiration for what is an exceedingly complex structure to build. A good friend of mine wanted me to build a Z-0 about 1 metre long. Rather than go for the traditional scratch build, I decided to build it using 3D modelling techniques. This turned out to be a very time consuming mistake as the compound curves were beyond my 3D skills. I got a little further by carving components like the heat shield and the MEV nose from balsawood and 3D scanning them. Unfortunately my 3D printing skills were not up to task any more than my 3D building ones.
It was all a very frustrating exercise, I have most of the MEV to a standard I can accept, but the main body continues to elude me.
They say 3D modelling can stave off dementia, so the whole sorry episode has put me in good shape until at least 2068!
Thank you, that's most kind. 3D modelling and all of that digital stuff is completely beyond me. I am still in the 20th century and so is my windows vista laptop!
Wow Kev, that's fantastic, really brought the scenes back from the movie, excellent build👍
ReplyDeleteThanks very much. I wish I'd made it smaller though, because it's on 'display ' in the loft as it's too big for anywhere else!
DeleteLoft in Space! 😂
DeleteHa ha!
DeleteWow! How big is it?
ReplyDeleteThanks. I think it's about 3 foot long, but the lifting bodies make it almost as wide, so that's quite a bit of space to find.
DeleteHmm. Glenn Field springs to mind Kevin! 😂
DeleteI could definitely do with a large spaceport.
DeleteSuch a glorious craft to bring to life! SFZ
ReplyDeleteI agree. A fantastic job Kevin!
ReplyDeleteThanks folks.
ReplyDeleteAn absolute beauty, very intricate indeed. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, much appreciated.
DeleteThat's beautiful work Kevin... You have my full admiration for what is an exceedingly complex structure to build.
ReplyDeleteA good friend of mine wanted me to build a Z-0 about 1 metre long. Rather than go for the traditional scratch build, I decided to build it using 3D modelling techniques.
This turned out to be a very time consuming mistake as the compound curves were beyond my 3D skills.
I got a little further by carving components like the heat shield and the MEV nose from balsawood and 3D scanning them.
Unfortunately my 3D printing skills were not up to task any more than my 3D building ones.
It was all a very frustrating exercise, I have most of the MEV to a standard I can accept, but the main body continues to elude me.
They say 3D modelling can stave off dementia, so the whole sorry episode has put me in good shape until at least 2068!
Thank you, that's most kind. 3D modelling and all of that digital stuff is completely beyond me. I am still in the 20th century and so is my windows vista laptop!
DeleteAnother fabulous build Kevin!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete