I was looking closely at the brushwork on the shading stipple and hand lettering -lovely work!
Thanks! I really had fun with this series of tributes to 1950s Japanese Dimestore Toy Headers. SFZ
A great looking piece, which really captures the look of a 1960s rack toy.
As you can see, I am really obsessed with that era of primitive graphics! SFZ
How cool is that Rob. Pop art or what. Looks ace. Woodsy
It's based on the 1950s look of dimestore toy graphics, but it surely foreshadows Pop Art in the 60s, and alot of artists have used that style as their muse. SFZ
I was looking closely at the brushwork on the shading stipple and hand lettering -lovely work!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I really had fun with this series of tributes to 1950s Japanese Dimestore Toy Headers. SFZ
DeleteA great looking piece, which really captures the look of a 1960s rack toy.
ReplyDeleteAs you can see, I am really obsessed with that era of primitive graphics! SFZ
DeleteHow cool is that Rob. Pop art or what. Looks ace. Woodsy
ReplyDeleteIt's based on the 1950s look of dimestore toy graphics, but it surely foreshadows Pop Art in the 60s, and alot of artists have used that style as their muse. SFZ
ReplyDelete