Well Woodsy,
The first coat of paint has been applied.
I've been using this dark gray for the roads on my train layout and thought it would work well enough as the darker base coat for the terrain.
There's a bit of touching up to do still as the white Styrofoam underneath is showing through at places.
Next, will be a topcoat of light gray applied in a dry-brush technique which will cover most, but not all of the darker color underneath.
From Vegas Base
Ed

The base looks great, and is going to be amazing when it is finished, and displayed with an array of space models and toys. Even in plain grey, it looks the part.
ReplyDeleteThanx Paul! I was sorely tempted to plop a couple of toys down and do a few quick photos, but I believe 'll hold off for now.
DeleteSuper Ed, the grey echoes the dusty regolith. It's coming on nicely and your Golden Astronauts will feel right at home! Good job.
ReplyDeleteThanx Woodsy! The next coat of paint will be a light gray - also a can I've been using on the train layout for concrete. Hope I have enough!
Delete