I really like this boxy 1996 Galoob Starship Troopers Drop Ship. Do you?
I've never seen this toy in the flesh. It must be big. In fact I've never come across any Starship Troopers toys, unlike say, ALIEN and all those strange Xenomorphs.
In some respects Starship Troopers sits well with ALIENS, albeit much more tongue in cheek with its frenetic TV ads asking Do You Want To Know More (or was that Robocop?), enormous brain bugs and very giddy troopers. I enjoyed the film.
Have you anything from Starship Troopers?



I've still got this in my stash. It's part of the Galoob Action Fleet series. It's about 6 inches long ,3 inches high and 4 inches wide. For Starship Troopers they also brought out the TAC fighter (still got that too) ,several of the bugs (I didn't get them as I just wanted the ships) and the larger Dropship as a remote controlled toy. Very strange to sell them as toys as it's a violent adult SF film, though there was a Starship Troopers Roughnecks CGI cartoon a few years later! The Galoob Action Fleet series is mostly know for their Star Wars ships, vehicles, monsters and playsets, though they also brought out vehicles from the films Aliens and Predator
ReplyDeleteAmazing Yorkie. How big is your stash? 😂
DeleteIve got this and the rest of the series too. Some of the best toys ever made, along with Star Wars, Predator and Aliens versions. They are on the blog here somewhere! Bill
ReplyDeleteWow. Odd how they're never at car boots. Are they scarce Bill.
DeleteThe only starship troopers toy I have is the large 9” warrior bug toy. No idea if the sound works in it still. I’ve seen it on eBay from 100 to 400 dollars lol. Seems to be a rare one as it really had nothing in the same scale to fight except gi joe sigma six figures or the old 1/6 scale joes who were a bit large for it.
ReplyDeleteAce Lance. They all seem uncommon. If you ever get it out then send us a snap.
Delete