Thursday, 23 July 2026

Food of the Blogs: Superman Super Cake

Hello Woodsy,

Nice that you mentioned Steve Flowers, it's great that he's still in business. I found him again a couple of years ago when I needed a couple of items to restore a Minic Fire Engine. A set of ladders and a bell. see here.

You seem to have great success looking through stores selling 'antiques' I guess my tastes are too UK oriented so I have less success here in the US but a couple of weekends ago I went through a large Antique retail shed and found something I would have loved as a kid.

A Superman baking pan.

 This weekend I baked a cake, sadly the result shows the image to be too shallow to be really viewable but I still love the aluminium pan.

Tastes good! Measures 13"wide on the elbows.

Regards,

Brian B,

NYC

6 comments:

  1. I really believe a man can bake! Nice one Brian! Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful Superman aluminium pan, Brian... and put to very good use as well 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely Bill, it's "I really believe a man can fry !"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Good one Mish. I'd love a piece of that cake Brian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the only one eating it so wish I could share! It is delicious, should I make another I think I'll give it 10 minutes more in the oven as a darker outside might define the image more.

      Delete
    2. Don't add any Kryptonite. Ha ha.

      Delete