▼

Saturday, 10 October 2026

I Predict a R.I.O.T! I don't know my Acronyms from my Elbow!

In the '90's I had a vintage toy 'shop' in my cellar. It was my toy stock room for my mail oder business and also a 'shop' for a few personal callers.

Two of my nephews came one day and I said (foolishly?) choose whatever you want! 🤣

I remember the older one picking a boxed tank.

Now memory is a funny thing. I could have sworn that tank was from a range called R.A.T.S.

I also recall a die-cast soldier with a beer belly and a beard in the box too.

Looking it up, it ain't R.A.T.S.

Turns out it's R I.O.T!


RIOT verses Strike Force in full.

Released by IDEAL, I thought I'd check in on that bearded portly trooper too.

Turns out he's called Harley and the range was 1981's EAGLE FORCE ... By MEGO!


But hang on a minute! Here's EAGLE FORCE vs. R I O.T by MEGO. I thought R.I.O.T was by IDEAL!

And just when you thought the eagle had finally landed, along came another brand, which I can't even read!


And I'm sure I've seen a Rainbow toys version!

Next 'll be an Eagle Force Vs. Strike Force header too by MEGODEAL! 🤣

Anyone come across any of this stuff? What's going on?

Amazingly my nephew, now grown up, still has his R.I.O.T tank! 

I want it back! Ha ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment