Hello,
I hope you don't mind me getting in touch. I'm trying to identify a rather obscure Dekkertoys space toy from my childhood, and having found Moonbase Central and your coverage of Dekkertoys space toys, I thought you might be just the person to ask.
I've attached the only photograph I've been able to find of it. I had one of these as a child and believe I received mine for my sixth birthday in 1982.
It was a large silver vinyl space capsule/play structure. It wasn't a conventional framed play tent. The main structural uprights, the tubes/poles around the base and the roof structure were all inflatable, and the rest was made from vinyl. The black horizontal ribbing visible in the photograph was printed decoration rather than part of the inflatable structure.
I'm trying to establish its official Dekkertoys product name, catalogue/model number, when it was manufactured and sold, its original price and, ultimately, whether any examples are known to survive.
I've been unable to find another example online despite quite a bit of searching.
I noticed that you've featured Dekkertoys space toys belonging to Will Osborne. If you don't recognise this yourself, I wondered whether Will might recognise it or know anything about it.
I'd be enormously grateful for any information or leads you can provide. It would be fantastic to finally put a proper name and history to something I remember so well from childhood — and I'd absolutely love to find a surviving one one day.
Many thanks,
Tim R
*
And mine and Bill's research:
Woodsy:
Bill:
Newspaper archive,
advert from Argos Stores in 1981, which lists a 'Dekkertoys Play House'.



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment