▼

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

We're 18 so Let's Let Rip at the Fair! Supercar Fairground Rides

 A bit of googling and Wowzers! 

Even aged 18 I'd have had a go! 

Check out these vintage rides clearly inspired by Gerry Anderson Supercar.

Have you been in one?




And a mystery ice show prop! 


And to finish, a superb coin-operated Supercar ride at a recent Anderson exhibition in London.

Cor!


Last Minute!
I can't put my hand on the original photo at the moment, but here's a photo of a phot of 6 year old me, looking thoroughly unimpressed on the Supercar ride at Southport fair in the sixties! Bill


12 comments:

  1. Blimey! Supercar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Who knew? Those are some great Supercar inspired rides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! So many Supercar rides! Like a craze Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow, just seen your extra White! What a cool composition. And Supercar again! I wonder if you knew what it was at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it was Supercar at the time, but even so, it was a spaceship, so I had to have a go! I look a bit worried as I had a traumatic experience some years earlier at Southport fair with the Caterpillar ride and it scarred me for life! 🫪

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello @Woodsy whats the best way to send you some pictures of a fun-fair ride where the vehicles look even more like Supercar ???? (from 1979 so probably no longer exists)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Onboarder, you can send me pics and info via my email address at the bottom of the page, moonbasecentral (at symbol ) gmail.com........, thanks, Woodsy

      Delete
    2. Hi woods, did you get my email? The ride looked pretty awesome from a Supercar perspective…. (at the Clacton Butlins)

      Delete
    3. I did thanks. I'm on holiday with family at the mo and will fully read it and post it on eim home later this week. Thanks again, Woodsy

      Delete