▼

Saturday, 26 September 2026

Sindy, Incidentally

 We all need stuff to occupy us in retirement. One of my distractions is repairing toys, even if they don't want to be!

Deploying my usual 'use what's lying around' philosophy, here's two doll-related repairs I've done this summer. Not perfect but they'll dolly well do.

First up we have this quaint lady. Sadly she was missing her right foot stroke shoe after too much dancing with Action Man.

The Missus' stock of Fimo came to the rescue and old dolly can dance again!


Next up, Sindy's Range Rover.

I picked an incomplete one up probably twenty years ago at a boot sale.

It's huge!

Here's a complete one with its box off the net.


Alas, mine was missing those important rear black struts supporting the roof.

Keeping things simple I cut a 12 inch ruler into two parts and once snug, I glued them in position at the bottom. The tops were left free so the roof can be removed. 

Painted black they're not that bad.

Sindy can rove the range once more!

Do you like 'repairing' toys or maybe something else readers?

8 comments:

  1. Paul Adams from New Zealand9/26/2026 12:36 am

    I have fixed up a few kits or die-casts, but I am nowhere near as good at it as you are. Another fantastic pair of restorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are the Toy Medic, Woodsy. Some classy Sindy repairs there. Time very well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More marvelous restorations from that Little Old Toymaker! SFZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like posh totty Cindy had a touch of necrotising faschiitis!

    ReplyDelete