▼

Saturday, 26 September 2026

Grime Lord: Looey's Dr.Who Dust Cover

It's Garden Show time here at Oz Base and the Missus suddenly hit me with a big printing job for the handouts.

My ageing laser printer couldn't cope with multiple prints at such short notice so I fired up a brand new printer I'd bought specifically to print DVD discs.

Having to put it somewhere in my crowded studio, I devised a sliding shelf in the foot well of my desk.

A shiny new printer is a magnet for dust, so it really needed a dust cover. I remembered years ago how one of the fabric stores had advertised Star Trek Wrath of Khan printed fabric. I knew that would be unavailable now, but the Missus and I went in, each of us looking for bits for our current projects.

She held up an almost used up bolt of fabric and said "Isn't this funny?"

It was perfect!

( see how I just used an AI writing style?)

It actually had a 1996 copyright on it, so maybe it has been hanging around for a bit!

By that evening, I'd whipped out the sewing machine and my dust shield was operational!

Does this stir any memories of printed fabrics for you, Moonbasers?

Looey Oz Base

4 comments:

  1. That has to be the coolest cover ever Looey! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Adams from New Zealand9/26/2026 8:08 pm

    Wow, indeed. That is a knock-out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1996 copyright date is interesting as most of the images are definitely from the modern era, mainly the Matt Smith era.

    ReplyDelete