▼

Thursday, 24 September 2026

Petronas! Harry Potter's Whomping Willow Game

I recently picked this 2002 Harry Potter game up in a big Pontefract charity shop. 

Having built it I have to say it's one of the fiddliest games I've set up. With 22 pieces needed to be in place just for the tree before the motor even engages, it is an endurance test and I can well imagine it was too much for many original wizards at the start of the Millennium. 

Here's the old TV ad from way back. Once built the tree is pretty dramatic I must say!  

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Paul Adams from New Zealand9/24/2026 7:15 am

    Wow, that is dramatic. I note the ad says Adult Assembly Required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from experience I know why Paul. It's an oddly complex toy to have manufactured.

      Delete
  2. Fascinating game! The tree is quite large but would still work well in a setting with Lego Harry Potter constructs. My favorite 'built-it' style game from back in the day was Milton Bradley's 'Mousetrap'.

    ReplyDelete