Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Birthday Bob's Hover Lunar Rover

Woodsy,

Some more pictures of the 'Hover' lunar Rover.

 Interesting that other vendors besides Hover sold them. Also of note. The dish antenna appears to be removable from its storage area, and attaches to a post next to seat.


Similar. Last month I found the Hover Scramble Bug mixed in with broken Spacex Toys. I was going to buy them, someone else scooped me. A couple pictures of it.



Enjoy,
Bob Aucutt
USA

6 comments:

  1. I had the Hover Lunar Rover, the post next to the seat is a gear lever for controlling the rover (sic) the radar dish is intended to sit in the position that its in. Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks Bill. I thought the antenna was just there in back for travel storage, while in packaging. That post to the right side looked like it had a nub on it to attach to something. As the antenna sits, Its kind of hard to contact Earth unless its located straight above you 😀 Thanks for clarification.

      Delete
    2. ha ha - dont think Hover were too concerned with actual technical accuracy! Good to see though, its only the second one ive seen in 50 yesrs! Bill

      Delete
    3. An exceptionally rare toy Bob and an important cog in the Hover range of mini space toys and their links to SpaceX/ Project SWORD. Thanks for sharing. Only the second one we've ever seen here and yours is complete and carded!

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome! I have a large Hover Lunar Rover but didn't know they made these smaller SpaceX sized versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your large Rover look like Ed? I'm intrigued!

      Delete