Over the years I've mentioned the ocean colour scene in Thunderbirds Are Go 1966, in which Parker and Lady P sat in a hydroplaning FAB1 spot Zero-X in the sky above. It's a fleeting union of two Anderson icons.
You can see the super You Tube clip here
https://youtu.be/CJEczUhJ_do?si=2DCrVM5DebwiM2R3
And the fabulous marine action just prior
https://youtu.be/mUjNgDUaiGs?is=XyvLDSUBScnkFGQv
Well, spurred on by our Blue Milk 're-make' the other day, I thought I'd have a crack at recreating the above OX FAB1 scene or something like it.
I gathered my props, a smallish plaster OX and Carlton FAB1.
I finagled a set in the garden involving a tree to dangle the OX from in front of the sky and a wet glass table for the car.
Just as I set up it went dark with rain clouds!
I quickly took various shots before the heavens opened.
The last shot was then Woodsies up using the edit facility on my phone, basically smudging the background with my finger and then applying different filters (no AI).
These are the finished filtered scenes.
It was great fun doing it and messing like this gave me a very small glimpse of the monumental effort Derek Meddings and all the Century 21 team put in to create Thunderbirds et al.
Hope you like these.











A marvelous homage to one of the great movies of the 1960s! Yes, the amount of effort those Supermarionation Tech Wizards put in to create those moments of sheer cinematic beauty is awesome - and no lazy computer cheating like today! SFZ
ReplyDelete