▼

Saturday, 15 August 2026

Piz Gloria: Double O Heaven

Piz Gloria is the revolving restaurant as seen in James Bond's On her Majesty's Secret Service with George Lazenby.

I visited it on the Swiss peak of Schilthorn a few years back. 

The journey to Piz Gloria begins with the unbelievably sheer Stechelberg - Birg cable car, a nightmare if you've height fright like me. Unlike the Missus, I kept my eyes shut! 


The restaurant is perched on the mountain top and is a must-see for 007 fans in the Swiss Alps. It really is the cherry on the cake.


I don't own any OHMSS toys, like the Corgi Rockets set, so I put together a few other Rockets with a Faller Alpine cafe by way of a albeit rickety tribute to the amazing summit restaurant that is Piz Gloria.

Have you been?

Have you any On Her Majesty's Secret Service collectables? 






4 comments:

  1. lewis P morley8/15/2026 4:47 am

    That's a very slick follow up to the Rigi 900 post you did earlier!
    I remember how magical the 007 films were to kids of our generation. I wonder if more recent kids got the same buzz from the Daniel Craig Bonds? The merchandising certainly was nowhere near as all pervasive as it was in our time.
    I did buy a Mini Scalextrics No Time To Die set, but the magic wasn't as intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I do try Looey. I've always wanted a go on the Gilbert OO7 mountain set. Did you film the No Time to Die set by any chance?

      Delete
  2. Lovely Faller Alpine House! SFZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's my favourite on a whole box full I picked up SF.

      Delete