▼

Monday, 17 August 2026

Ed's New Space Glider

Woodsy

During the past few weeks, a couple of instances of synchronicity occurred. 

One of those was when you posted about space gliders and although I didn't have any large ones like the ones you posted, I did have a couple small ones of the Tri-ang/LP variety. 

I remember thinking how cool it would be to add one of the larger kind to the Project SWORD fleet.

 Welll, within a day this glider appeared on fleaBay for a reasonable amount and I snatched it up. It's made by Day f Ran (a totally new company to me) and while not specifically Project SWORD branded is a fairly direct copy of the Tarheel glider.

 Mine is fully functional: it has an annoying high-pitched squeal that supposedly mimics a jet engine sound, the light turns on and flashes, and its bump-&-go action works well.

From Vegas Base
Ed

Anyone else got one?
 

4 comments:

  1. So cool Ed, one of my fave space gliders, the Day Fran. It maybe cheaper looking than the rest of the fleet but it's slightly see thru orange body is wonderful. The box art is repeated on another toy I seem to recall, the Hover miniature Space Glider? I'd have to check. Great buy and good luck with Tarheel SWORD. I've still got two or three gliders to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Woodsy! This was a fortuitous find and I'm glad to add it to the fleet!

      Delete
  2. By the way, there are two types of US Tarheel glider box. One has a Tarheel red star, one doesn't. The logos maybe different too. Same glider in both boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to be on the lookout for them once I start concentrating on proper Project SWORD toys.

      Delete