Saturday, 8 August 2026

Ed's Moonscape: HQ Colony

Well Woodsy, the second coat of paint has been applied to the Moonscape. 

It's actually a lighter gray (in the can) than what it appears because it went over that dark gray first coat. 

Now the question is: do I dry brush on a coat of white to highlight everything or leave it alone?

 I placed a few of my Tri-ang Moon Base HQ's on the surface to show scale.

From Vegas Base
Ed
 

8 comments:

  1. With a dark/starry night backdrop, this set is going to make some amazing photographs! SFZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful setting for those Moon Base HQ's, my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - Many Thanx Arto! I can't wait to start setting up the toys in earnest.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic diorama, Ed. I can see it's going to make for some first class photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many Thanx Tony!! I did design the base with Spacex / LP / Golden Astronaut in mind and so I believe it'll be great for those. However, even larger toys should look great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lewis P morley8/08/2026 9:54 pm

    Dry brushing models is a delicate art.
    It can really lift the textures of models, but definitely a case of " less is more".
    Nothing worse than lumps of solid paint all over your just finished model.
    I scrub my loaded brush onto a sheet of newspaper before taking it anywhere near my model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to it as I have to do a fair amount of it for my train layout scenery: mountains, rock formations, block/brick/stone walls, highlighting structure details, etc.

      Delete