Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Bill Ev's Letts TV21 Diary 2

Hi Again Woodsy

I certainly don't want to ignite the 2025/2065 dating argument. But the entry about Lady Penelope gives the impression [at least to me] that by 2065, she was elderly when offered the World Senate post.

 So, that would suggest the 2025 date for the Thunderbirds stories. At least from the diary.

I also remember a time travel story in TV21 when some of the boys, including Jeff, go forward to 2078, but age ten years as a side effect. Which suggests the 2060s timeline, which Gerry Anderson advocated.

Bill Ev.
UK

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating stuff Bill. I don't know enough about the timeline to add anything. I certainly don't recall seeing Penelope as elderly in the series. Is she pictured old in TV21 anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Paul, not in TV21. She might have appeared in the later issues of the Lady Penelope comic or the later retitled Penelope comic or Annuals.

      I know they did a long running series of Penelope as a child/teenager. But I dont have any of those publications.

      As you know, there was an on-screen date of 2025 in one of the final episodes of Thunderbirds. In Thunderbird Six an indistinctive date appears on a newspaper front page. It could be 1968 or 2068.

      Gerry Anderson endorsed the late 2060s timeline. Whereas Alan Fennell endorsed the 2025 timeline. Who was Alan Fennell??? He's only the bloke who wrote many of the TV episodes of Thunderbirds and had significant input into the series itself. Plus was the first editor of TV21.

      I guess its what you want to believe. Gerry did insist it was the 2060s.

      Delete