Saturday, 8 August 2026

Spy or Sport? A Gun too Far?

Being a boomer boy I love toy guns. I always did and that allure has never faded.

However a toy I saw on eBay entered that grey area, where a toy maybe something more realistic. 

This cased Masudaya SS5 is such an item

Looking at it it doesn't have the plastic innocence of say the Secret Sam attache case that I had or a James Bond toy gun set.

It could be an actual sport gun rather than a toy?

What do you think?






3 comments:

  1. Wow! That suddenly remimds me of my gun filled 60's childhood.
    I think we've discussed my Lone Star Secret Agent Luger with accessories before.
    But this post suddenly reminded me of another handgun I'd totally forgotten about.
    The Sekiden pellet gun. It fired little gold balls that crumbled to greenish powder if stepped on. It had a nifty top mounted slide cover to load the balls into the gun.

    I did a quick Duck Duck Go search (I'm giving up on Google, because I'm sick of having unasked for AI shoved down my throat) and it turned up this post. I had the normal black plastic unit (not illustrated), but you get the idea...

    https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/57069-rare-sekiden-pellet-gun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lewis P morley8/08/2026 9:47 pm

      Oops! It seems I've joined the "Anonomous" army without Google to identify my Blogger identity...
      It's Looey of Oz Base!

      Delete
  2. I remember a similar light gun—
    The Unisonic Sportsman Lightgun

    https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/unisonic-tournament-2000-vintage-electronic-tv-ga-185-c-8454c70aea?srsltid=AfmBOoooPtyTZIdIEgfqtHgkFOe1e0kn6RKJwNCNFNBV0XkBzftUra7x

    before these:
    https://darayjg.wordpress.com/light-gun/

    ReplyDelete