Having driven through Adwick Le Street in Doncaster yesterday I was reminded of Gabrielle Designs, which was famously based in the town.
This toy workshop worked with Graham Bond to create the first toy version of his beloved Paddington Bear. The workshop was run by Jeremy Clarkson's Mum and the Doncaster bear became a toy icon.
I was also reminded of Paddington's famous sandwich, the classic bear butty of white bread, butter and lashings of orange marmalade. It's a sarnie I loved as a kid.
Today I thought I'd create my own classic, using what was in the kitchen.
Taking a slice of brown crusty bread, I first applied butter. Then came a big dollop of smooth peanut butter, then a slice of cheddar, topped with pickled vegetable salad and a sliced tomato. The concoction was garnished with several pitted dates and salt and pepper.
Needing a knife and fork, although not a sandwich for Paddington's tastes, it was easily one of best sarnies I ever made!
What's your perfect sandwich readers?
Is there a pop culture butty more famous than Paddington's?

Wasn't Paddington created by Michael Bond?
ReplyDeleteOops, I meant Michael. Not Graham! Thanks Terran.
DeleteThe original Donny bears are very collectable. Just occasionally I see one for sale in an emporium.
ReplyDelete