Hi Woodsy, I don't remember the GI Joe, but I do remember commercials for the card Amaze a matic cars. You could trim the cards to make the pattern they drove. This was late 60s maybe , around the time of the Switch and Go sets that had the army tank and the Lost in Space in that set. Never has the Amaze a matic cars though, and I don't remember any of my friends having them !
Very interesting - was this toy not produced, therefore no need for the commercial, or was a different ad used ?
ReplyDeleteI dunno Paul. Its a bit of a mystery.
DeleteHi Woodsy,
DeleteI don't remember the GI Joe, but I do remember commercials for the card Amaze a matic cars. You could trim the cards to make the pattern they drove. This was late 60s maybe , around the time of the Switch and Go sets that had the army tank and the Lost in Space in that set. Never has the Amaze a matic cars though, and I don't remember any of my friends having them !
Fantastic! Early card programming! I would have loved the Lost in Space Switch N Go set! What a toy Anon!
Delete