Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Tender and Transporter: Two Missing SpaceX Toys' Custom Images and Models

Hi Woodsy,

The very first thing I did with AI when it became available was try and have it generate realistic images of the Spacex Crash Tender and Rocket Transporter. With utterly useless results!

Seeing Bill Everatt's images (on MC) prompted me to have another go. Fed some images and info into chatGPT2 and here's what I got.

First a straight translation of the cardback images used as examples and then a higher-up view that shows some errors.

 

Though they look too large to be Spacex toys, they do look convincing (which is why I decided to put some stamps on).


What do you think?

Paul V

*

To add to Paul's fab renditions of 'lost' SpaceX, here's my own efforts from 2019 at making a home-made model of each of these fabled SpaceX toy vehicles, two of the 'missing' four.

Hope you like them.

If only the real things would turn up! 




3 comments:

  1. Excellent Paul and Woodsy! I've had mixed results with ChatGPT but am about 90% satisfied with the results I've obtained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs Paul. I like your stamp, that's a good idea. I wonder if this is as close as well ever get to the real things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope these things will actually still turn up one day Woodsy. As you'll recall there were another couple of Spacex toys in this category that finally emerged from the woodwork in all their plastic glory. So it's something to look forward to, I'd say. :)
    Best -- Paul

    ReplyDelete