Sunday, 6 September 2026

MPC/ROUND 2 NUCLEAR WASTE DISPOSAL AREA 2 DIORAMA KIT

 Some photos I've taken of the short-lived Space: 1999 Area 2 diorama set which came out 2017, and was designed to be in scale with the MPC 1/48 Eagle kits.

Unsurprisingly I've included my 22" MPC Cargo Eagle sat on a scratch-built landing pad.

It comes with an assortment of parts - astronauts; waste cones and covers; tiny Alpha storage boxes and two 1/44 scale Alpha Moon buggies.

There's also the addition of eight battery-operated floodlights fixed onto  two seperate support stands.

There's also an added  bonus  of a 1/24 scale Alpha Moon buggy I fitted with a couple of LED headlights, and used for a few forced perpective photos.













https://mikeburrowsphotography.co.uk/project/mpc-round-2-space1999-area-2-diorama/


5 comments:

  1. Minis
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqYtN0HpITs&pp=ugUEEgJlbg%3D%3D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab Scoop, a great job that. The lights really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those photographs look fascinating they could be real. Youve done an excellent job there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lewis P morley9/06/2026 8:55 pm

    Wow! Lovely work and beautifully photographed! You've really captured the look of the original show!
    Although your dialled down exposure gives more detail and colour.
    The 1999 photography always seemed more blown out and desaturated. I assume vintage film stocks and the need for lots of light for high speed filming made it more difficult.

    ReplyDelete